The relationship between Early Intervention & Parent to Parent of Pennsylvania
Early Intervention (EI) has a stake in making sure all needs are met for a family who has a child with a disability or special need, including making a family aware of the parent support programs that exist in Pennsylvania, which includes the Parent to Parent of PA program. EI provides the Parent to Parent of PA rack card in the Family Packets that are distributed when your child is first enrolled in Early Intervention services. However, they have also moved “Beyond the Rack Card” and introduce the P2P of PA program when providing services to your child. They may speak to you several times before you feel comfortable being matched to another family for emotional support and information. Once you make that decision to be matched to another family who shares the same condition or concern as your child, EI will ask you to complete an Authorization to Release Information (ATRI) form, so we can call you directly and explain how our program works in more detail.
Referral Methods for Early Intervention Programs
There are now additional ways you can make referrals to us:
- Please use the unique URL that was created specifically for your County and Preschool programs. The referral will drop directly into our web waiting queue on our database to be assigned to a Regional Coordinator.
- Email a completed Authorization to Release Information (ATRI) form to either of the following emails addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verbal permissions in lieu of a parent signature is acceptable; please note verbal permission in your documentation on the ATRI form
- The Service Coordinator or Parent can complete the “Get Matched” form located at several places on the Home page. Scroll to the bottom of the Home page and follow the state of PA’s firefly to the “Get Matched” form or on the dashboard under Matches choose the “Get Matched” form.
- Contact the staff on their work cells phones at the following numbers:
- Northwest Region- Vacant- contact the state office at 717-540-4722
- Southwest Region- Nicole Zilli- 724-552-7821
- North Central Region- State office- 717-540-4722
- South Central Region-Vacant- contact the state office State office at 717-540-4722
- Northeast Region- Nicole Lindsey- 570-780-0109
- Southeast Region -Michelle Smithman- 215-260-1618
- Chastity DiFrancesco- Supervisor- 724-610-3864
- Kim Huff- Database Coordinator- 570-359-7394
- Fiona Patrick- Director- 717-649-4861