Family Connections for Language and Learning
Serving Families of Children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing Affiliate Program of Parent to Parent of PA
Families who learn that their child is deaf or hard of hearing often have many questions and are unsure of the next steps they need to take. Family Connections for Language and Learning is a program made up of a team of experienced parents of children who are deaf or hard of hearing and deaf/ hard of hearing adults. We can help as you navigate the Early Intervention system and explore communication opportunities for your child.
Our services are provided at no cost to your family.
Our Mentors can:
- Connect with you by text, email, phone, virtual meetings or in your home/ community
- Help you understand hearing loss and the unique needs of children who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Discuss the many language and communication opportunities available
- Provide unbiased information to help you make informed decisions for your child
- Connect you with resources, including Early Intervention
- Help you become an advocate for your child’s needs
- Share strategies for collaboration with the professionals who serve your child, including a Care Coordination Plan
- Listen to your concerns
6340 Flank Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17112-2764
Anne Gaspich, Director/Parent Mentor
Family Connections for Language and Learning is supported by the Pennsylvania Departments of Health, Education, and Human Services, has an office at the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN) and shares resources with Early Intervention Technical Assistance (EITA).